Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
- What is Energy Medicine? Great Question! Energy Medicine is a 50,000 year old art form that is all about cutting edge science, including quantum mechanics, neuroplasticity and epigenetics. It is a time-proven practice which is also the wave of the future, especially now that hard science is exploring more boldly and purposefully in this direction. I am honored to be part of bringing it forward and putting it into service with you.
- What is the Luminous Energy Field?
The Luminous Energy Field – is shaped like a doughnut with a narrow axis or tunnel (called a torus), less than molecule thick, in the center. It is perceived as an aura of energy and light that surrounds and informs our physical body. In Nature, it extends about arms’ length outward, in crowds, it hugs us more closely.
Imagine you are enveloped by a translucent, multicolored bubble of light, your Luminous Energy Field, which extends about the width of your outstretched arms and down into the earth about a foot. Just above your skin streams of golden light shimmer and flow through the body’s acupuncture meridians. These energy meridians are analogous to the circulatory system inside the body. There is a continual flow to the Luminous Energy Field. As well as flowing clockwise around the body there is also a vertical flow up and down through the spinal cord and down into the earth, re-entering the body through the feet.
Your Luminous Energy Field has many layers extending outward from the body. It serves as a defensive cocoon in the same way the skin does as a protective membrane of the body. The Luminous Energy Field is a reservoir of vital force—a sea of living energy as indispensable to our health as the oxygen and nutrients carried by the bloodstream. These energies are the purest and most precious fuel for life. When the vital reserves are depleted through illness, environmental pollutants, or stress, we suffer disease. We can ensure our health and vitality and extend our active, healthy years by replenishing this essential fuel. It is an honor to work individually with clients, and to witness the beauty and grace of the luminous energy field.
Energy Medicine helps to replenish these vital energies using the Life Force from the Source of all creation. I invite you to experience it for yourself!
- Do I need to go to your office to work with you? A session can be in person, though most are by phone. Understanding how to be effective at a distance is one of the gifts given to me by my mentors in my personal one-on-one training sessions with them. My office is at Willits Chiropractic Clinic, 1225 S Main St, Willits, CA. I am happy to see local clients there in person. My office and phone hours are flexible per my clients’ time zones and availability. I am a natural distance specialist, regarded as both an empath, a clairsentient, and a remote viewer.
- How long does this process take?
- A typical individual session is one hour, to one-and-a-half hours. The first session is usually 90 minutes, after that it is usually 60 minutes, unless you request otherwise. The number of sessions we do around any set of issues depends on you as an individual. It also depends on your short and long term goals. I make my initial commitment to you as a client for a period of 3 months. You make use whatever of this commitment is appropriate for you. We can extend the period if you wish, by mutual consent.
- What happens at a typical energy work session? Every session is all about you, and I am totally focused on you, as my only interest. You will have a chance to discuss what’s happening in your life, and what you want to experience instead. Through this process we will track the energy and symbolism of what you are expressing, to determine what forms of energy work will be most appropriate. In energy work, I actually do not need to hear much of the story, as the energy itself is present. Based on this energy, we will access such classic forms of energy work as illumination, soul retrieval, mythic mapping, energy extraction, divination, the rites of enlightenment, and death rites to assist you in breaking clear of old energy patterns, and create new structures of energy especially for you to grow into your fullest self.
Our work is done in the energy field that envelops the body. This work has a profound effect, as it is based in who we are, our relationships, and what effect these things have on our physical body. We identify and shift patterns in our lives with this work, and as we progress into greater skills and awareness, it becomes easier. During our first session we generally do what is called an “Illumination.” You sit or lie in a comfortable position, fully clothed, warm and relaxed. Without touching you, we open up the specific energy centers, or chakras, involved with the issues we are addressing. We do a thorough clearing, releasing whatever energies do not serve you, are left over from some other time and situation, are keeping you from moving forward. My clients all tell me they feel wonderful after this clearing: rested, relieved and energized to move on more confidently in the direction they are headed. This can be profound work, and can lay the foundation for everything else in life and body moving much more easily. We also check out all the chakras, and balance them to each other, so that you get a total energetic tune up.
- Is that all there is to this? As you already know, this is a process. Often we let this shift sit and integrate for a few days, then do another illumination on another emerging layer, and a soul retrieval if this is indicated. I believe it is important to let the shifts happen in manageable and gentle increments instead of in huge earthshaking events. The credit for what happens in this process is all yours. Your intentions, courage and openness to manifesting positive outcomes is what makes it work. The power of our relationship comes from our shared commitment to empowering you. The more honesty, courage, responsibility, passion and creativity you bring to this process, the more extraordinary the outcomes will be. It is also appropriate that communication come from you throughout the process as to your feelings about the work and our relationship, so that we can manifest the most extraordinary outcomes aligned with your highest aspirations.
- What about after or between sessions ~ what do I do to get the most out of this work? I love this question! To continue the process between sessions I often give forms of energy work and ceremony for you to work with as you feel called to do so. I have noticed that the work has a profound impact at the time of a session. It will continue to develop and unfold afterwards, as an ongoing theme in your life. Between sessions it is beneficial if you do integration work that we will design especially for you. Depending on your personal preferences, this could include doing a particular meditation, drawing a picture, making an altar, writing in your journal, listening to music, spending quality time with a pet, taking walks, being in a garden, or many other things that are most appropriate for you as an individual.
- Is there a formula you follow that fits pretty much everyone? You are unique. This is a very creative and highly individual process. I compare it to following a trail and paying attention to the signs along the way which always show us how to proceed. We really go there together, as a team. I serve as your trail guide, merely because I have more training in this. It can be very fun, and as the information often comes in word play and metaphors, it is easy to laugh and enjoy the process. It is all about empowering you, energetically and otherwise.
- Can I contact you between sessions if I have a question? Definitely! I remain available to you as your coach during this process. Between sessions I am available to answer questions. I initially commit to being available to you for a 3 month period, which can be extended if we both agree.
- Do you provide follow up support to me? Absolutely! Some clients get a periodic tuneup, like servicing your dependable car, checking the tires – yes, we trust them with our safety – and literally with our lives! Many clients work more often with me; on a life situation, a goal or set of goals. I am delighted to serve as sounding board and coach. This process can be described as peeling an onion. We are beings with many layers, and being alive and aware here and now, is such a wonder!
- Do you provide me with any specific tools when we have accomplished our initial goals together? Always! Besides the ones we craft as we work, a Destiny Retrieval is a fitting finale to any series of sessions. This activates and supports your next steps on your personal journey.
- What is a Destiny Retrieval? Ah! It is a shamanic journeying exercise designed to have you remember why you are here as the person you are, in this lifetime. It’s not about finding or discovering, but rather remembering why you were born. The shamans believe that, for each of us, there is a sacred “soul contract” that we agreed to before we were born that is the reason for our incarnation into this life. However, most of us have gotten so caught up with “life” that we’ve forgotten why we’re really here in the first place. This is an elegant, guided meditation exercise to have you remember what your true calling is: whether it’s a spiritual calling, a creative calling, or a calling to be of service. As this is an advanced shamanic journeying exercise, it is a prerequisite that you complete at least two energy clearing sessions prior to a Destiny Retrieval, as what is activated and retrieved often has a significant impact in your life. It is important you are at a point to embrace this remembering – emotionally, mentally, and energetically. It is up to both of us to decide whether the timing is appropriate to complete the destiny retrieval process.
- What about shamanic training – do you take on apprentices? Yes, I do, and it is a terrific process. I always prefer one-on- one sessions with people I mentor, as everyone is unique, with different motivations, goals, rhythms, and time tables. I have developed a wonderful mentoring program, incorporating the healing processes I have personally experienced and gifting the same rites of passage as I received in 2006, when they first became available to persons not living in the high Andes. Along with receiving these rites I received the mandate to share them, so that all the people of the world can benefit. I love this process, and the incredible medicine of the people I have been mentored by, those I have had the honor of mentoring. This commitment from me to you extends for as long as we are in these bodies, and beyond.
- Tell me more about your life experience and who are your teachers? Every client, every person and every experience is a source of teaching and learning to me. At age 65, I have a bunch of life experience to bring to a coaching relationship. Through my abundant, challenging life and in my training I’ve done a lot of reflecting, processing and personal work; in the Four Winds program, with other schools, mentors and methods.
Such a path does not happen in a weekend workshop; nor is it a romantic undertaking but one of humility and sacrifice to community.
I have studied with, received mentoring and initiations from, among many others: Alberto Villoldo, Don Humberto Soncco – Kurak Aquellak of the Q’eros Nation, Dona Bernadina Soncco – Pampa Mesoyaq of the Q’eros Nation, Linda Fitch – Dean of the Four Winds Society, Sandra Ingerman, Lynn Berryhill, Don Francisco Chura – Pampa Mesayok of the Q’eros Nation, Carl Greer, Wake Wheeler, Marcella Lobos, Christina Allen, Chris Prietto, Kinlen Wheeler, Mario Salomon Caceres Vara, Tom Kenyon, Hank Wesselman, my Father, various curanderos, medicine men & women, and shamans, in Peru, Ecuador, Panama, Guatemala, Mexico, Southeast Asia, China, Tibet and North America. I have also intensively studied and regularly practice Remote Viewing. My Father and my Aunt have been lifelong mentors to me, totally supporting me as they have constantly challenged me to be my personal best. I am extremely fortunate, and pass on their precious wisdom to you, as we work together.
- Do you have a deep personal reason for doing this work? Definitely. My goal is to assist in empowering through healing, so that like the ripples of a pebble dropped into a pond, the energy goes out forever, touching many lives indirectly.
- What about testimonials? I get lots of praise, however, I do not publish testimonials, for the simple reason that my work is so sensitive and confidentiality is primary, above all other concerns.
- What if I have more questions? Ask! You deserve prompt, personal and appropriate responses, and you will get them from me. We can visit on the phone about anything that concerns you, when you are in process of deciding if we are well suited to work together. It is an opportunity to briefly tell me your personal story, your issues and goals, and set your intentions for the progress we will make together.
- How do I pay you? I love PayPal! PayPal payment is preferred for sessions not done in person. My fees are $125 per one hour session, $185 for 90 minutes. PayPal payments are to be sent to Kitty@kittynorris.com. Reciprocity is an important part of the process, as is our both being fully invested in success of your goals.
“If someone wishes for good health, one must first ask oneself if he is ready to do away with the reasons for his illness. Only then is it possible to help him.” – Hippocrates